Subject: image and brush hassle
From: tom duncan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1993 08:15:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

I have a problem.
I am writing an authoring package in Amos-Pro and have come across a
problem which many of us have in the normal use of graphics.
I am trying to load an Brush from DPIV over an image. The image sizes are
all OK but as per usual the palettes are not going to be the same.

Up till now I have saved the image as a bob then pasted it onto the
screen. The error is ofcourse the palette.

My theory is to do a histogram of the main image. Find which colours are
not being used. Then remap the brush colours into the blank ones and end
up with a nice clean combined palette.

The brush is either a two or four colour variety only and the image will
normally be either 8 or 16 colours.

Any ideas anyone.

Yours
	Tom Duncan
	[email-masked]
	University of Southern Queensland
	Toowoomba, Queensland.